Re: flatpak run firefox --safe-mode

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 12:21 PM, Martin Stransky <stransky@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Works fine for me, I see the "Safe mode" dialog at FF start. Also "flatpak
> run org.mozilla.FirefoxNightly -ProfileManager" for instance. Maybe you have
> another active Firefox instance running? Do you see any error on console?
>
> On 05/16/2018 07:41 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:
>>
>> This:
>> [chris@f28h ~]$ flatpak run org.mozilla.FirefoxNightly --safe-mode
>>
>> Does not launch FF in safe mode. From the flatpak man page it suggests
>> arguments are at the end and are passed on to the app. So what am I
>> not grokking here?

OK I see what's going on, but it's still unexpected. If there's no
instance of Firefox running, 'flatpak run org.mozilla.FirefoxNightly
--safe-mode' does launch Firefox Nightly in Safe Mode.

But, if I have the usual Fedora included Firefox running, and use that
same command, I merely get a new window. Going to the menu to Help and
About indicates it's not Nightly. There's no flatpak error to indicate
it didn't or can't launch Nightly.

--
Chris Murphy