Re: gnome-session with koji

----- Original Message -----
> On 03/29/18 20:40, Bastien Nocera-san wrote:

I'm pretty sure that's not going to work if the mock build environment doesn't
have access to a real device. Use Xvfb instead.

> > For what it's worth, I would advise you to implement the test suite
> > upstream,
> > following the example of the one in gnome-settings-daemon (which also has a
> > number of tests that will exercise gnome-session).
> >
> > This one uses Xvfb to run a full gnome-session, mutter and gsd-power
> > included,
> > and mocks additional daemons and devices using dbusmock.
>
> I may not understand your suggestion.
> I have the test suites in ibus core and ibus engines and I'd like to run them
> with koji.
> I'm thinking using koji has many benefits.
> E.g.
> 1. I sometimes cannot establish desktop environment in Fedora alpha stage
> because of graphics or virtual host relative problems but koji succeeded to
> build modules.
> 2. Release engineers build all modules in the Fedora mass build stage and
> then the test suites are also tested automatically.
> 3. I can run the test suites with the scratch build with the latest Fedora.
>
> Currently I run the test suites in making tarballs in the current Fedora by
> manual however I think the test is not enough.

I'm saying you should:
- Implement it upstream
- Run it in your spec file so that koji does run it

> > See:
> > https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-settings-daemon/tree/master/tests
> > for the common files.
> >
> > And for the xsettings and power plugin tests:
> > https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-settings-daemon/blob/master/plugins/xsettings/test.py
> > https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-settings-daemon/blob/master/plugins/power/test.py
> >
> >> However I'd like to run GNOME Wayland finally instead of Xorg but I don't
> >> know how to run gnome-session on console.
> >
> > There's currently no way to run a headless GNOME Wayland session.
>
> Ah, I see. Thank you.
>
> If I cannot run GNOME with koji, I will use blackbox with koji.

You can run GNOME with koji, it's just that the test helpers you're using
expect a VM or real hardware.

Using something similar to gsdtestcase.py you can run a test suite both upstream
and then downstream during packaging, without the need for a real graphics card
being available, and the session not leaking into your development environment.

Cheers