Re: gnome-session with koji

----- Original Message -----
> I'd like to run gnome-shell with koji for the GUI test.
> I referred https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/GraphicalTests
>
> +BuildRequires:  xorg-x11-drv-dummy
> +BuildRequires:  gnome-session
> +BuildRequires:  gnome-shell
>
> +$Xorg -noreset +extension GLX +extension RANDR +extension RENDER -logfile
> ./xorg.log -config ./xorg.conf -configdir . :99 &
> +export DISPLAY=:99
> +gnome-session &
>
> When I run gnome-session with koji,
> /usr/libexec/gnome-session-check-accelerated outputs an error:
> gnome-session-binary[18713]: WARNING: software acceleration check failed:
> Child process exited with code 1
> Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
>
> I can run gnome-session on console with the same way but koji outputs the
> above error.
> Do you have any ideas to succeed the acceleration check?

What's $Xorg supposed to be?

For what it's worth, I would advise you to implement the test suite upstream,
following the example of the one in gnome-settings-daemon (which also has a
number of tests that will exercise gnome-session).

This one uses Xvfb to run a full gnome-session, mutter and gsd-power included,
and mocks additional daemons and devices using dbusmock.

See:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-settings-daemon/tree/master/tests
for the common files.

And for the xsettings and power plugin tests:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-settings-daemon/blob/master/plugins/xsettings/test.py
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-settings-daemon/blob/master/plugins/power/test.py

> However I'd like to run GNOME Wayland finally instead of Xorg but I don't
> know how to run gnome-session on console.

There's currently no way to run a headless GNOME Wayland session.

Cheers