Re: Fedora 28 minimum memory requirement, review

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 04:53:20AM -0400, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> Dumping the core of the application that might not even be the one responsible
> for eating all the RAM? Please expand.
>
> Enterprise desktop users are the same as desktop users, except that
> they can't afford to take a 30-minute break when their machine is thrashing.
> If you know any different, I'm all for an expanded explanation here.

If I'm having a persistent but difficult to trace problem across my set
of X hundred or thousand managed workstations, I want all the
information I can get. The downtime would be no different than if a
hard drive failed or something — if it's half an hour, sorry. If it's
more than that, that's why we have a pool of loaner machines.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>