Re: auto-suspending after video playback ends (and other cases)

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 02:33:16PM -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> While people may be annoyed the first time their kernel compile gets
> suspended, hopefully the response will to go look for the quick control
> center toggle to get back to the old behavior. And the old behavior when on
> AC power is probably what you want if you are a user who compiles kernels,
> encodes videos from the command line, etc.

I'd like to at least *try* to avoid that first annoyance.

Has there ever been any work on something like initial setup which
would run on upgrade and tell you what's important and new?

> P.S. Bastien told me on IRC that I was wrong and we weren't defaulting to
> suspend on battery - I was just confused by the way different GSettings
> keys interacted. But certainly suspending on idle when on battery is what
> people expect laptops to do!

Huh. Well, I must have turned that on long ago and forgot it.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>