Re: Applications to Flatpak

On Fri, 2018-02-16 at 07:46 -0500, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On mobile, this would be split up more, so the calendar backend would
> live in the Calendar app, the Notes backend in the Notes app, etc

	Hi,
only to clarify the situation on the eds side, the calendar (events),
notes (memos) and to do (tasks) are one backend only, serving all three
kinds, with exception of Google Tasks backend, which does only Google
Tasks and nothing else. After all, the only thing which changes is the
component kind, not the storage itself (the code is reused as much as
possible). Other similar services can have this done differently.

Note there are claims that the evolution-addressbook|calendar-factory-
subprocess processes are too much for architectures with low memory,
thus there's kind of requirement to limit the subprocesses as much as
possible. It's against the intention of "if one backend crashes, only
that kind of sources is lost, not everything", but I agree that some
compromises are needed here (and the code should not crash). I mean,
more splitting means more things to deliver and eventually to have
running in the background, which is bad in certain situations.
Would Flatpak-ed Fedora be usable in such environments at all?
	Bye,
	Milan