Re: gnome-initial-setup per-user mode disabled on kickstart installs: intended?

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 21, 2017 at 2:30 AM, Adam Williamson
<adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There was a change to anaconda between Fedora 25 and Fedora 26 which
> causes it to write a line:
>
> post_install_tools_disabled=1

Right, the gdm/gnome-initial-setup behavior of not doing anything if
anaconda writes this out is very much on purpose, including in
existing user mode as you noticed. The rational AFAICT is that
sysadmins want an automated, sure-fire way to disable *any* kind of
initial setup.

> to /etc/sysconfig/anaconda for all kickstarted installs where there is
> no explicit 'firstboot' directive in the kickstart.

Now this I'm not so sure of but I'll defer to the anaconda folks. I'll
say that when I was doing the above changes to gdm/g-i-s I was under
the assumption that firstboot was enabled by default. You're asserting
that firstboot is now disabled by default which is a substantial
behavior change indeed.

Rui