Re: final blocker 1491320 - either mutter or gnome-boxes need to be adjusted

On Thu, 2017-10-19 at 10:47 -0400, Ray Strode wrote:
> I don't think we should fall back to xorg, personally. We should be trying
> to get away from xorg as much as we can. LET'S NOT BACKSLIDE IF WE CAN HELP
> IT. If we can't come up with a targeted kernel fix, we could probably
> revert the atomic changes right?  There's no reason to do userspace
> workarounds afaict.
>
> But anyway, seems like there's a kernel fix ready to go in, so shouldn't
> come to kernel commit reverts or to userspace workarounds.

The kernel fix is a fairly new thing. Up until yesterday, the best
information we had from the kernel team was that it wasn't likely to be
fixable, or plausibly workaroundable, on the F27 Final schedule.
Obviously a fix in the kernel is the best option, but it's only today
that it turned out to be a viable one.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey