Re: Testing ostree Workstation

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017, at 08:07 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:

> Look for the Workstation dvd-ostree 'Flavor'. As you can see, for now I
> just have it running a subset of the regular Workstation tests, with
> the update-related tests - which assume an RPM-based system -

rpm-ostree is also an RPM-based system; it's even literally in the name of
the project!  It's *also* an ostree-based system.  Just like hybrid cars
are both gasoline and electric.

That said of course, things are different since again it's a hybrid and
one needs to consider the base tree vs layered packages.

The most realistic test is to test updates from "previous stable image/installer".
to "latest tree".

(As well of course to test layered package updates, but
that runs into
https://github.com/projectatomic/rpm-ostree/issues/391 )

There's a variety of rpm-ostree tests that are used for Atomic Host here:
https://github.com/projectatomic/atomic-host-tests/tree/master/roles

That all said I'm still not sure about doing these types of tests in AutoQA
versus something more like Ansible as we already use for a-h-t.

Though testing gnome-software's forthcoming rpm-ostree backend would
be back in the realm of GUI testing.