Default wallpapers splitted into *-extras

Hi,
after the last update in F26 my wallpaper disappeared. Indeed all of
them, but the default one were gone from /usr/share/backgrounds/gnome.
When I investigated why, I found out that the default set of wallpapers
was plit into gnome-backgrounds and gnome-backgrounds-extras. gnome-
backgrounds now only include the default wallpaper, everything else is
in *-extras.

First I have no idea why this change was made. Can anyone explain it to
me?

Second it brings two problems:
1. until gnome-backgrounds-extras is added to the list of pre-installed
packages we will only have two wallpapers pre-installed (GNOME default,
Fedora default), that's kinda too few.
2. the transition is not handled very well, wallpapers are removed from
gnome-backgrounds, but gnome-backgrounds-extras don't get installed. So
many users lose wallpapers they've set and end up with a blank desktop
wondering what has happened.

Jiri