What are the plans for bwrap and flatpak?

Hi all,

I've been using flatpak packages for a while and like the idea of bwrap pretty much, mainly because it improves privilege separation and management. I'm not 100% convinced on flatpak, but it keeps improving. Anyway I think both projects have completely separate (though compatible) goals and might need to be handled separately. Now I am curious:

1. Do you plan on sandboxing GUI applications shipped through rpm/dnf? If yes, is there a timeline? Are regressions (sandboxed app vs. same app without sandbox) considered bugs, and if yes, where should I file bug reports?

2. Do you plan replacing the GNOME packages shipped through rpm/dnf by packages shipped through flatpak? Or is this an option for the far future? Or do you want to keep shipping two separate ways of installing GUI applications?