Proposal: independent applications packaging guideline

Hi,

This is required for GNOME Software to work properly, and as such it's really coming about four years late... but better late than never. Please review:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/IndependentApplications

The goal is to avoid the situation where installing one application (e.g. any Java application) silently pulls in strange, seemingly-unrelated applications (log4j, java management console, etc.), and also to avoid the situation where removing those unwanted applications silently removes seemingly-unrelated, desired applications.

Suggestions welcome. We should discuss it at the next working group meeting, then if approved there I'll propose it to the packaging committee.

Michael

P.S. Note that GNOME upstream has related guidelines: https://developer.gnome.org/hig/stable/application-basics.html.en