Re: flatpak issues in F26 alpha

On Fri, 2017-04-07 at 17:10 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> Originally with the firewalld feature change, we were supposed to get
> a GUI configuration tool, in fact the GUI tool was considered the
> primary configuration tool, not CLI. But Workstation WG canned that
> idea because they hated the UI, and said something else was needed
> instead, but nothing has appeared. So I think that needs to be
> re-evaluated as a default.

A firewall app that exposes confusing concepts like network protocols
and ports is unsuitable for the Workstation product, sorry. We'd
definitely consider a simpler firewall app based on app permissions
rather than protocols. I suppose that would require all desktop apps to
be containerized.

Michael