Re: Atomic (rpm-ostree+flatpak+oc cluster up) workstation

On Thu, 2017-02-16 at 11:21 -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> I'd like to migrate my work into Fedora.   This content should be generated
> based on Fedora 25, potentially with some overrides.
> We should integrate with the existing Fedora tools, such as
> https://openqa.fedoraproject.org/
> for installer testing.

Glad to see you thinking about this. openQA also has desktop tests
which we could certainly run on Atomic Workstation images; in fact I've
had that on my todo list for months, stymied only by the fact there are
no extant images to work with.

I'd say the reasonable requirement to get the openQA tests run for
Atomic Workstation images is that they be built as part of a typical
releng Pungi 4 compose (and thus we get a standard fedmsg 'compose
complete' notification for them). If we have that, the only work that
needs to be done is adding the Atomic Workstation image to the openQA
scheduler's list of tested images and specifying the tests that should
be run on it, which would take me about fifteen minutes.

The results would get forwarded to ResultsDB like all other openQA
results; there are various options for consuming them from there.

We *can* hack things up for openQA tests to run on less sanely-produced
composes - as we used to do for the old non-Pungi 4 two-week Atomic
composes, and as we currently do for the semi-official post-release
live respin composes (fedfind has some awful hacks to deal with these,
and the openQA server runs a cron job every half an hour to see if a
new one showed up) - but I'd really prefer to avoid that kind of
hackery for more official / important deliverables. And, of course, if
the composes are 'proper' releng composes it makes integration with all
other systems (Taskotron etc.) easier as well.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey