Re: Distro policy regarding GNOME shell extensions

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 8:08 PM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> They actually show up in the Software center, under Add-Ons.

Yes, but that is 27 extensions in Software vs 28 packaged for F25 vs
182 hosted on extensions.gnome.org which are listed as compatible with
GNOME 3.22. The latter also allows per-user installations.

> Hmmm. Was this approved by the WG as a third-party source? Do we have a
> formal record of those somewhere? We should have that. Also, in F25,
> I'm not seeing a clear indication that this is a third party source.

Supposedly, the original GNOME shell integration add-on would stop
working in Firefox 52 (at least that's how I remember it) and we would
have to port it to WebExtensions by then. I remember a discussion on
devel about this, but I can't find it. However, there are Fedora users
who complained that the add-on stopped working in 50.1 or 51.0.