Re: Distro policy regarding GNOME shell extensions

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 01:42:35PM -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > That only seems to show those which are directly packaged in Fedora
> > as RPMs, but not anything else that's available at
> > extensions.gnome.org.
> No, it shows extensions from extensions.gnome.org as well. You can see
> that e.g. when searching for AlternateTab: it will show up twice, once
> with the "Source: extensions.gnome.org" line that marks it as 3rd party
> software.

That's a lot less visible than the mock-ups I'd seen. Are there plans
to implement more clear labeling? Even as a technical user, it's not
clear to me that "Source" means "Where you're gonna download this from
when you push install" rather than "The upstream source the Fedora
Project got this software from before carefully reviewing it, packaging
it, and making it available to you."

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>