Re: DNF and PackageKit background data usage

On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 2:26 AM, Adam Williamson
<adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi folks!
>
> I kinda hate kicking off discussions like this without having a solid
> solution to propose or being able to promise to work on one, but this
> really seems important. Unfortunately I can't claim I'm gonna have time
> to do any concrete work on it, though I'd really *like* to. But I
> thought it would be worthwhile to kick around still; perhaps someone
> else will be inspired.

We should make use of this:

"We now expose information on whether a particular connection is
metered. It’s intended for tools like package managers that like
pre-fetch large amount of data to be able to avoid increasing your
Mobile connectivity bills." [1]

1: https://blogs.gnome.org/lkundrak/2015/08/27/networkmanager-1-0-6-brings-metered-connections-api-and-more/