Re: Another round of default app discussion

On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 12:53 PM, Luya Tshimbalanga
<luya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One of biggest beefs I noticed with several GNOME project is the lack of
> focus and the sheer amount of incomplete, unfinished and abandoned
> applications ((bijiben, empathy,disk,calculator, music). It would be
> nice nice to consolidate effort to improve and encourage newcomers to
> get enthusiasm to actively maintain them.
> The organization should look at their shortcoming then properly
> addressing their issues.

It's easy to sit on the internet and point out problems.  It's far
harder, requiring actual effort, to help fix them.  If you care about
the GNOME project, I would suggest pitching in to fix things things
you see wrong with it.  If you don't, then you're doing nothing but
trolling.  I can't tell which you're intending here.

Either way, your message isn't helping anything and might be negative
enough in tone to scare away newcomers interested in helping.

josh