Re: Graphical Upgrade Test Day conflicts

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 10:14 PM, Eric Griffith <egriffith92@xxxxxxxxx> wrote
I have quite a few out-of-repo applications on my system. Some from coprs, some from self-compile, and some from various vendors (Crossover being one of them, though I don't think that's the issue here).

Beyond gtk3, the other two that jumped out at me were libnm-gtk and colord-libs, both 32-bit. Off the top of my head, I couldn't think of any reason why something other than Gnome itself, or some core piece of Gnome, would have a dependency on them, as they are rather 'niche'. Just seemed like something that would be worth asking about before I went ahead with the upgrade and possibly broke something.

Assuming you installed these apps using RPM packages, and assuming these RPM packages have the correct dependencies listed, it's highly unlikely that dnf would try to remove gtk3 (and those other libraries) without removing these apps as well (unless you've hit a bug in dnf's depsolver). Since these apps are not on the list of packages to remove, it's probably okay to continue (again, assuming these apps are properly packaged as RPMs). Worst case scenario if you need 32bit gtk3 later, you can probably re-install it after you upgrade to F24.

--
-Elad.