Re: comps and spin-kickstarts migration this friday (2016-05-13)

On Tue, 10 May 2016 10:43:45 -0400
"Paul W. Frields" <stickster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sending this on to desktop@ list used by the Workstation WG.  Probably
> most WG members read devel-announce, but in case not, I didn't want
> this to be missed...
>
> On Mon, May 09, 2016 at 10:58:27AM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > Greetings.
> >
> > This friday (2016-05-13) at 16UTC we will be migrating:
> >
> > https://fedorahosted.org/comps/
> > https://fedorahosted.org/spin-kickstarts/

> > https://pagure.io/fedora-comps/
> > https://pagure.io/fedora-kickstarts/
> >
> > With this migration we will be changing the workflow for
> > changes to these repositories from a simple commit model
> > to a pull request model. This means in order to make some
> > change you should submit a pull request, which will be reviewed
> > by at least one other person and then pushed live into the
> > repo. Initially commit on these new repos will be set to
> > the pagure releng group, but more people will be added as needed.
> >
> > This model will allow us to run CI tests on Pull Requests and
> > confirm that they are not going to cause syntax errors
> > or other simple breakage. Additionally, this will allow us
> > to properly handle changes to these repos during milestone
> > Freezes (getting approval for a freeze break before pushing
> > changes, etc).
> >
> > With the migration of the fedora-kickstarts project we will
> > also be trying to identify owner(s) for each kickstart file.
> > This will allow us to properly assign issues to the
> > folks that can address them.
>
> Kevin, typically our component management is done by people such as
> kalev, otaylor, and catanzaro.  Can we include them please?

Sure. I was going to actually ask here about this, but hadn't gotten to
it.

If we could get a point of contact or two for the Workstation kickstart
we can make sure any related tickets get assigned to them.

kevin