Re: Announcing the release of Fedora 24 Beta!

Hey,

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 09:03:06AM -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> The Fedora 24 Beta is here, on schedule for our planned June final
> release. Download the prerelease from our Get Fedora site:
>
> -   Get Fedora 24 Beta Workstation: a reliable, user-friendly, and powerful
>     operating system for your laptop or desktop computer
>     https://getfedora.org/workstation/prerelease/
>
> -   Get Fedora 24 Beta Server: make use of the very latest server-based
>     technologies available in the open source community
>     https://getfedora.org/server/prerelease/
>
> -   Get Fedora 24 Beta Cloud: build scale-out computing and utilize the next
>     generation of container deployment technology
>     https://getfedora.org/cloud/prerelease/
>
> -   Get Fedora 24 Beta Spins: alternative desktops for Fedora
>     https://spins.fedoraproject.org/prerelease
>
> -   Get Fedora 24 Beta Labs: curated bundles of purpose-driven software and
>     content
>     https://labs.fedoraproject.org/prerelease
>
> -   Get Fedora 24 Beta ARM: Fedora tailored for running on ARM-based devices
>     https://arm.fedoraproject.org/prerelease
>
> [...]
>
> Workstation
> -----------
>
> The Fedora 24 Workstation release will not default to Wayland, the next
> generation graphic stack, but this is planned for future releases.
> Wayland is available as an option, and the Workstation team would
> greatly appreciate your help in testing it out. Our goal is to have one
> full release where Wayland works almost seamlessly as a drop in
> replacement for X11. At that point we plan to set it as the default
> display server in Fedora. This new release also features GNOME 3.20.
> There have been changes to the theming API in GTK+ 3. At this time the
> API is under heavy development and will not remain stable. As a result,
> applications that use custom CSS theming for example, may have rendering
> issues. This could include default applications that come with Fedora 24
> Beta Workstation. We request that users try out their favorite GTK+ 3
> based applications and report bugs to the upstream developers so they
> can be fixed in time for the final release.

I was reading the Fedora 24 Beta release announcement, and this
snippet is a bit inaccurate:
  "This new release also features GNOME
3.20.  There have been changes to the theming API in GTK+ 3. At this
time the API is under heavy development and will not remain stable."

While GTK+ 3.20 did significantly change the theming API, it should be
much more stable from now on. Or in other words, the theming API was
considered unstable till now, but should be stable going forward.

I don't know the best way to report this, so I am just mentioning it
here in the hope that the right people will notice.

Other than that it looks great!

Cheers,
Rishi