Re: The status of Fedora Media Writer: postponed to F25

On Wed, 2016-05-04 at 11:01 -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> > > It fetches the release list, links to downloads, marketing text and
> > > screenshots from getfedora.org, spins.fp.o and labs.fp.o.
> >
> > We should make that available in a away that doesn't require
> > screen-scraping.
> >
> > See https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5805, as well as some of
> > the discussion in https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5654
>

> We are looking at making changes in f25 so that we can put the compose
> metadata on the mirrors. it is some json files. you can see an example
> https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/compose/branched/Fedora-24-20160504.n.0/
> compose/metadata/ you probably will need images.json

Also there's fedfind.

import fedfind.release
f23 = fedfind.release.get_release(23)
print(f23.location)
for img in f23.all_images:
   print(img['path'])
f24b = fedfind.release.get_release(24, 'Beta', '1.6')
print(f24b.location)
for img in f24b.all_images:
   print(img['path'])

when the Beta is properly released:
fedfind.release.get_release(24, 'Beta')
will find it. You can also pass get_release a compose ID:

fedfind.release.get_release(cid='Fedora-24-20160505.n.0')

a label:

fedfind.release.get_release(release=24, label='Beta-1.6')

or a URL - the URL to the 'compose/' path of a Pungi 4 compose, or the
URL to a 2-week Atomic compose:

fedfind.release.get_release(url='https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/atomic/testing/23-20160505/')
fedfind.release.get_release(url='https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/compose/branched/Fedora-24-20160505.n.0/compose/')

fedfind tries to provide a consistent interface between 'releases' that
have Pungi 4 metadata and ones that don't. It does this by synthesizing
metadata in the Pungi 4 / productmd style for releases that don't have
it: old stable releases, two-week atomic releases, and releases that
were built with Pungi 4 but have had the metadata stripped when they
were moved. So you can treat 'f23' just like 'f24b' in my example, even
though 'f23' has no Pungi 4 metadata.

The items in the 'all_images' list are dicts in the productmd
'images.json' style, flattened out and with the 'variant' stuffed into
each image dict.

there is a whole lot of quirkiness and detail about Fedora 'releases'
(where they show up, where they move to, and what they're called, and
what exactly you should get when you say "where is Fedora 24 Beta?")
and fedfind's job is to try and make that as easy to deal with as I can
manage without going insane. I promise to keep it working until
everything is all Pungi 4 all the time, or I go stark raving bonkers
and buy a yak farm.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey