Re: The status of Fedora Media Writer (was LiveUSB Creator)

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 9:50 AM, Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 8:40 AM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> tributionGuide/DistributingApplicationsOutside/DistributingApplicationsOutsi
>>> de.html
>>>
>>> As far as I can tell, such code signing applications or installer
>>> packages is only possible in XCode, and XCode only runs on OS X, and
>>> to get a Developer ID certificate requires belonging to the Apple
>>> Developer Program, which requires agreeing to a EULA. If Red Hat is
>>> already a Apple Developer Enterprise Program member, great. If not,
>>> I'd advise any Fedora developer ask Fedora legal to review that EULA
>>> before they agree to it.
>>

>> https://www.digicert.com/code-signing/mac-os-codesign-tool.htm says we need a
>> cert and use their codesign tool

https://www.digicert.com/code-signing/apple-certificates.htm

Here we go...
"You can use a DigiCert Code Signing Certificate (standard and EV) to
sign your Mac OS X software, tools, updates, utilities and
applications. However if you want your apps to open on a Mac that has
Gatekeeper enabled or want to distribute apps in the App Store, you
may consider creating a developer ID to sign your Mac apps and
installer packages."

--
Chris Murphy