Re: The status of Fedora Media Writer (was LiveUSB Creator)

On Thu, 2016-04-14 at 11:31 +0200, Martin Bříza wrote:
> Now we're trying to resolve this with dgilmore. Currently it seems
> we'll have to have a Windows machine running the builds or use
> upstream binary packages in Wine because it's not possible to just
> compile upstream Python using MinGW - it'd have to be heavily patched
> with some shady patches lying on random peoples' blogs.

Not ideal, but slightly better than random people's blogs, there is
this:

https://github.com/Alexpux/MINGW-packages/tree/master/mingw-w64-python2

These are packages for Arch Linux (the same way we have mingw-*
packages in Fedora), with patches when necessary.

>From my earlier discussins with them, the Python patches had been
partly submitted upstream, but never really merged.

Python3 might be better and require less patching, I'm not sure.

--
Mathieu