Re: Call for agenda: Workstation WG meeting 2016-Apr-13

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 1:59 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 05:40:52PM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>> The Workstation WG meeting is scheduled for this Wednesday,
>> 2016-Apr-16 at 1400 UTC (10:00 EDT, 15:00 CET).  This agenda is open
>> for additions/corrections; please send by tomorrow at 23:59 UTC.
>
> I realized we might want a checkpoint on this F24 Change:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/LUCasPrimaryDownloadable
>
> I invited Jiří, so to respect his time let's run that first.

FYI the date 2016-Apr-16 above is Saturday.

For LUC/FMW as primary, some questions for marketing/web design in
particular -> there are a bunch of questions what the web site link(s)
should look like and how they should behave. I'm kinda concerned about
what actual thing is going to be downloaded by various users, while
depending only on their UA for identification. Or if instead they're
going to see a list of downloads by platform and version of that
platform?

What deliverable do Fedora 22 and 22 users get? Are they redirected to
Gnome Software? Do they get an RPM specific to their version of
Fedora?

What deliverable do other Linux distros get? ISO? Some kind of 'any
distro' tarball of the tool?

What deliverable do OS X users get? Since the OS X version of the tool
reportedly will not happen until Fedora 25, presumably the deliverable
is an ISO.

At the moment it sounds like the most identifiable platform and
deliverable for FMW is Windows 7, 8, 10. What about XP and Vista? What
do they get? Presumably ISO?

Anyway, the marketing and web folks probably need to be brought into
the discussion about what the user facing experience is going to look
like. Or even, what it can look like. At the moment it almost seems
like it's possible FMW is the primary deliverable for Windows, and
everyone else is still going to get a ISO?

There's a test day scheduled for next Tuesday April 19, which also
happens to be freeze day. More will be known about the test coverage
after that, but it might be helpful if the WG suggests the testing
emphasis and scope so that the WG can better make a readiness decision
on this feature.
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/483

--
Chris Murphy