Re: Wayland blockers for F24 default

Chuck Anderson wrote:
On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 11:45:05AM -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
In our meeting today we agreed that having testable primary selection
and startup notification mechanisms (testable != bug-free) for Alpha
would be part of determining whether Wayland could be switched to
default in F24.

However, there are a couple other items that need addressing.  Which
of these should also block that decision?  (Input is helpful, but note
the WG needs to make a decision on these points.)

* Tablet support and protocols
   (I take it this is "~equivalent set to what we handle now in GNOME")
I'm sad to see that Output Rotation was left off this list.  I'd argue
that more people use Rotation than use Graphics Tablet (Wacom) input
devices.

* Input methods
   (Needs a fix for positioning the chooser apparently?)

* On screen keyboard
   (This seems on a good trajectory from what Matthias said, but
   doesn't hurt to include.)

* Accessibility features
   (Michael Catanzaro mentioned a set of these taken from
   <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Wayland_features#accessibility_features>.
   However, the outlook seems not good, and IMHO we need a better story
   for a11y users.)
Yes, I think it would be a shame to ship with a11y regressions.

"Completely agree on accessibility features. All I can offer is that on present f23 and arch, orca works fine in gnome 3.18 when wayland is used, but it's always possible there are regressions, possibly serious ones. I remember that when wayland first came on the scene accessibility wasn't working and it took a lot of work before it was.
Thanks
Kendell clark"