Re: chrome popularity was re: case against firefox in FesCo

>A few reasons, in my own personally believed order of popularity for
>Chrome:
>
>1. Media "just works".  Netflix, amazon video/music, spotify, etc.

Netflix "just works" on Firefox too (due to EME support). Spotify is flash. If you install flash-plugin it works on Firefox too.

>2. Per process tabs mean one tab crashing doesn't take down the whole
>browser

That's already the case with Firefox too. It's just not yet enabled by default on the stable version.
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Electrolysis

>3. Tight integration into the Google ecosystem.

That's true. But that's an anti-feature. I don't think it's a nice user experience to distribute them a browser that tries to force them to create a Google account (that's Chrome's default first tab).

>4. For a while, it was much faster than Firefox for typical javascript
>heavy sites, etc.  I believe Firefox has caught up for the most part.

That's old news. At the moment even Edge is probably faster than Chrome.