chrome popularity was re: case against firefox in FesCo

On 01/11/2016 11:51 AM, Josh Boyer wrote:
On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 12:46 PM, Alex G.S. <alxgrtnstrngl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Instead you should revise the ticket or file a new one and make this about
packaging Chromium so that Fedora users who make Chrome their default can
avoid having to use these proprietary schemes.
Someone is already working on that, but it has absolutely nothing to
do with this thread, the ticket or the issue presented to FESCo.  It's
a completely different situation.  Please try to stay on topic, or
start a new thread.

"Someone please explain to me why chromium/chrome is so popular? Why do most popular linux distributions either come with it or make it available in it's repositories? Mind you I'm thinking about this from an accessibility standpoint, not a usability standpoint. For me and those who cannot see, chrome is unusable unless you use google's extension. I don't know whether chromevox and google's tts voices are open source, I suspect not, but that's really not the point. I'm not worried about chrome/chromium becoming the default in fedora. I am however concerned that we've become so focused on getting more users that we're willing to do just about anything to get them. If that means skype and chrome, so be it. Those just so happen to be programs I cannot use because they are inaccessible. I'm sorry for those of you who've had to hear me go on about this, but it's beginning to feel like I'm being heard, but dismissed. Yeah but most of us have sight so we don't have to deal with that, is the usual response. No one from fedora has said this, this is from the wider sighted linux community itself when I bring up chrome. It seems to have blown up overnight and I can't understand it. It's proprietary, and takes the best of open source and closes it off.
Thanks
Kendell clark"

josh