Re: Plan to organize the Wayland-by-default effort

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 3:10 PM, Adam Williamson
<adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-12-09 at 05:39 -0500, Kamil Paral wrote:
>> * Display rotation support
>> - Not needed from the beginning, but quite a few people will probably miss it.
>
> For whatever it's worth, this is a showstopper for me on my main test
> box (this one); I just can't run Wayland on it until this is fixed. So
> I'll be running with X11 until this is done, regardless of what's the
> default.

What is meant by display rotation support? Changing from portrait to
landscape without a reboot? Or does it mean portrait isn't supported
at all? For me, I use a laptop without external attached sometimes and
can do some Wayland testing. But mostly I connect to a display rotated
to portrait orientation. I don't tend to rotate it landscape though.

--
Chris Murphy