Re: file triggers in rawhide

On 11/30/2015 09:45 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> I don't recall exactly, but I think one reason was because it would be added
> a hundred times all over.  In this particular case, we're saving .spec
> scriptlets but (re)adding dependencies, so arguably not much simplification
> gained.

RPM has pretty good support for autogenerating dependencies these days.
If it turns out it makes sense to have the dependencies, I'm sure they
can be made completely automatic without needing to manually add
anything in individual spec files.

Although I am not sure it's worth much effort because like mclasen wrote
above, desktop-file-utils is going to be always installed in a
Workstation install. :)

> I suppose the flipside is that *something* should depend on desktop-file-
> utils (ideally something low-level)...  maybe any library (or app) that
> expects xdg mimetype support to be present, so for starters that could
> include stuff like:
> glib2, qt
> (similar arguments can be made for update-mime-desktop and gtk-update-icon-
> cache scriptlets)

gtk2 and gtk3 already have a hard dependency on gtk-update-icon-cache.
Not sure if glib2 is a good place for desktop dependencies because glib
is often used in low level projects that don't have anything to do with
graphical apps. DNF for example indirectly pulls in glib2.

--
Kalev