Re: file triggers in rawhide

Matthias Clasen wrote:

> On Mon, 2015-11-30 at 07:11 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:

>> I missed that, but I would say gedit is being erroneous by adding
>> dependencies, at least with respect to desktop-file-utils.
>>

> I added the dependency for a new enough desktop-file-utils build
> because the desktop-file-utils package does not contain the file
> trigger section before 0.22-6

Sure, but that's conceptually no different than the case where gedit owned
the scriptlet but (also) had no dependency on desktop-file-utils.

either way, if desktop-file-utils is not present, the effect is nothing
happens.  We only care about the case when desktop-file-utils *is* present
and that case already works without adding any package dependencies.

-- Rex