Re: Replacing Shotwell with gThumb or Gnome Photos for F24?

El 25-11-2015 18:17, Michael Catanzaro escribió:

On Wed, 2015-11-25 at 17:45 -0300, Bastián Díaz wrote:

I also support Gnome core apps, yet Photos not in a stage of development that will be a replacement for Shotwell, so I think now Shotwell, must be replaced by Gthumb until Photos will match in functionalities.

Photos will never match Shotwell in functionality. It's only a photo
viewer and organizer: that's it. Maybe it will grow support for light
touch-ups like red eye correction, but it will never be an advanced
tool like Shotwell or gThumb. So no point in waiting for this, it won't
happen! :)

I think sometimes things get confused.
Fedora is not Gnome, so I thought that in speaking of "replacement" an application to grant similar features and better support (active development) was sought.

However, if Fedora seeks to provide applications that deliver basic functionality by default, Photos it is the option. ;)

However, I would also like to see basic editing in eye of gnome, such as cutting images.

+1 Gnome Photos

Personally, I don't think we need advanced photo editing software as
part of the core OS.

Michael

Cheers

---