Re: Darktable Copr

On 09/10/2015 08:40 AM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
One step in from that are the curated COPR repos. Specifically, those
applications that are self-contained within their repository and do
not alter any part of the platform. This is a good place to put
software like Chromium, PyCharm or Darktable. Packages that aren't
going to meet our strict guidelines (and don't really need to in order
to be useful). In general, we'd want keep this to a small list of
upstreams that are reasonably good at keeping themselves patched for
security bugs, of course.

If this is a "step in" from the randomness of the outermost copr repos, has any consideration been given to them being enabled by default? I am concerned that we're going to have some very valuable apps in this curated copr space that are going to prove difficult for the very users who want to use them most (less technical users trying out fedora perhaps for the first time) to be able to get them installed.

I'm guess still unclear on what the F23 darktable installation experience is going to be like, I guess. Can anybody point to or a provide a write up step-by-step of what that experience is going to look like?

~m