Re: Darktable Copr

On 09/10/2015 08:47 AM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
The short version is that what will likely happen is that the old
version will remain if it meets the deps or the upgrade will fail its
dependency check and not be possible to run until the offending
packages were manually uninstalled.

If the upgrade fails its dep check, is it going to be obvious what things the user needs to remove and how in order to proceed with the upgrade?

I think it's ideal for the old version to remain if the deps are met - I think it would be a very jarring (at best) user experience to boot up your freshly upgraded system and have random things that you intentionally installed missing for no apparent reason.

2) Is the Fedora Design Suite still going to be able to be built
with
Darktable in it, or will it have to be treated as a remix now and
renamed?

3) For fresh installs of F23, how involved is it to enable a copr
and
install darktable from GNOME software?

Done right, it should be pretty much the same experience as if it was
in the official repos, except with a click-through acknowledging that
it's not coming from us, but a semi-official third-party.

Is there a system currently in place to enable these click-thrus? How are they meant to display / what is the intention there? The first time you run Darktable, as some kind of splash? Or a clickthrough when you download the design suite from our website?

~m