Re: Significant drop in ABRT reports in F22

On 05/15/2015 02:41 PM, Richard Marko wrote:
If you ever talked to ABRT developers about these sort of things you
would know that there's integration ongoing to use tooling that systemd
provides (both coredump hook & journald) so it would be possible to use
coredumpctl and abrt alongside.

There needs to be global off switch to these "feature" and ABRT should be opt in along with systemd-coredump by default.

I had the entire Fedora userbase in the building experiencing high cpu usage and slow down in the desktop due to an screwed up update ( gtk I think ) that caused lotus notes to crash ( cant regal the exact bug number at the moment ) which triggered coredump on top of the notes doing it's own thing.

Needless to say there was a discussion in the office getting rid of Fedora on all workstation that have it as an result of this since it kinda is important to the company that it's staff has a working email client and desktop.

JBG