Re: Fedora 22 update security

On Wed, 2015-05-13 at 09:59 -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:

> That seems to directly contradict what Nethaji reported to start the
> thread.  If he was prompted for updates, and clicked apply updates
> and
> they were applied, that doesn't sound like we only do offline
> updates.
>
> Perhaps someone should try and recreate this.
>
> josh

Nethaji is definitely not using Fedora Workstation. As Matthias pointed
out, the green shield is just not something we have. He must be using
some spin (perhaps the KDE spin?). (Michael reads more email. Yup, he's
using the KDE spin, not Workstation.)

But anyway, from a security perspective: you can use the PackageKit D
-Bus API to perform an online update without authentication, or a
client like pkcon (installed by default) or GNOME Package Updater (no
longer installed by default). The reboot is not enforced.