Re: Tweak Tool in Workstation?

----- Original Message -----

> > I don't have a problem with making the tweak tool easily available,
> > but I have to wonder: are we failing so badly in our attempt to make
> > software readily available via gnome-software and search that
> > everything still has to be pre-installed ?
> >
> > As an experiment, I removed gnome-tweak-tool and then I searched for
> > 'tweak' in the shell overview - the tweak tool shows up among the
> > search results provided by gnome-software, and it is 3 clicks from
> > there to having it running (one to open gnome-software, one to
> > install, one to launch).
> >
> > Is that still too hard ?
>

> Why not remove Gedit, Evince and Evolution? Or better, remove all software
> and leave only Nautilus, Gnome-Shell and Gnome-Software. Everting can be
> installed in 3 clicks.
>

> Sorry guys, but after Christian Schaller blog posts and mails I have this
> "hope" that things can change a little but some days after his posts and
> mails what I can see is that everything will be exactly as before. Fedora
> is exactly what you guys want it to be and users are not important.

I'm not sure that throwing the baby out with the bath water is warranted. We
don't agree with what you're requesting (otherwise we wouldn't even need
to have a tweak tool, and the control center would offer every configuration,
which would either result in us removing hidden configuration, or offering
every configuration under the sun, which would make it unusable).

Just because we don't agree with what you requested, doesn't mean that "users
are not important". And that's after discounting the fact that you're not
"users".

If you want specific configuration items added to the Settings, file separate
upstream bug about those with a rationale as to why it should be there.

Cheers