Re: Feature Idea: provide a graphical way to upgrade to F22 workstation

On 12/16/2014 02:37 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 02:32:15PM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
When a release is completely EOL, would it be possible to have a
notification that is persistant in some way? Not necessarily in the
shell chrome (too much?), but maybe whenever you go to Software. Or
maybe "All Settings" -- could the Details icon change to show an alert,
or gain a visual flag in some way?
I'm not a huge fan of this.  It reminds me greatly of the
notifications that e.g. McAfee continuously pops up on Windows when
your virus definitions are out of date.  Not without good reason (and
similar reasons), but really really annoying.  Some people will want
to stick with an EOL release for whatever reason and constantly
slapping them with an Alert warning is pointless.
I definitely I don't think there should be a repeating popup. Nothing
that slaps anyone, but something that gets lit up when you're looking
at a relevant part of the UI.

Some messaging when trying to update an EOLed system (either with DNF, yum or Software) might also be good too, instead of saying up-to-date (i am assuming this is what happens, i have never tried to update an EOLed release)

cheers,
ryanlerch