Re: Feature Idea: provide a graphical way to upgrade to F22 workstation

On 12/16/2014 12:09 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 09:39:21AM -0500, Ryan Lerch wrote:
One thing i didnt see on the roadmap, but would be definitely useful
for our users would be a way to notify users that a new version of
Fedora Workstaion is available, and provide an easy way for them to
kick of a fedup upgrade without having to use the command line.
Agreed — I think it'd be nice to have this integrated into the software
center.

I'm not 100% sure about it being in the Software app interface itself. It might be kind of hard to keep it separate from updates in the UI there -- especially for something that is only used once every six months or so.

Maybe having an "upgrade" button in the details screen in the control center, and notifications when a newer version is available will be enough.

I'll try to come up with some mockups for how this will look (and also some mockups for how it might work in Software too)

cheers,
ryanlerch