Re: Application is ready notification

On 12/15/2014 02:25 PM, drago01 wrote:
On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 7:49 PM, Ryan Lerch <rlerch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just wondering if anyone here knows of the design rationale for the
(seemingly intermittent to me) notification i get informing me that an
application window is ready for my attention.

There is something different on Fedora 21 on its behavior. I have a keyboard shortcut that map one of the useless ThinkPad keys (ThinkVantage) to launch Nautilus. On Fedora 20 it opened perfectly on top of all applications, on Fedora 21 it always appear under and the focus stealing prevention notification is triggered, so I think it is being more strict than on Fedora 20.

I seem to get these most when opening a file in the default application from
firefox, or opening an application from the terminal, or sometimes when
clicking on a notification from an application. In all cases when I see this
notification, I did want to see the application window to appear and get
focus.

There is a shell extenstion available to turn off this application is ready
behaviour, which I do use, but IMO, this would be a useful default behaviour
to have turned on in Workstation.

Focus stealing prevention ... i.e you don't want the password you have
been typing in a terminal to get into the chat app you just lanuched
;)

For some cases it triggers even though it shouldn't in that cases some
apps are broken (opening windows without or with wrong timestamps).