Application is ready notification

Just wondering if anyone here knows of the design rationale for the (seemingly intermittent to me) notification i get informing me that an application window is ready for my attention.

I seem to get these most when opening a file in the default application from firefox, or opening an application from the terminal, or sometimes when clicking on a notification from an application. In all cases when I see this notification, I did want to see the application window to appear and get focus.

There is a shell extenstion available to turn off this application is ready behaviour, which I do use, but IMO, this would be a useful default behaviour to have turned on in Workstation.

cheers,
ryanlerch