Re: Branding

On 11/17/2014 03:03 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 02:23:41PM -0500, Ryan Lerch wrote:
After all the discussion on branding, and talking with some other members of
the Fedora Design team, it seems that the option for branding on Fedora 21
Workstation  of putting the logo on the wallpaper (superimposed using a
shell extension), is the best option.

Other options such as putting icons and text in the topbar can directly
impact the user experience, so any of those changes will need to be
user-tested, something that we don't really have time for in this release
cycle, so we will need to reconsider these options with some relevant user
testing data for the next release cycle.
I can't think of a reason not to do better user testing, if we can.
And given the late point in the schedule, +1 from me.

Is the extension packaged so it can be included?

AIUI, the logo disappears if the user opts (or has opted) to change
the background.  Is that correct?

Yes, the versions of the extension I saw only showed the logo on the default wallpaper.

--ryanlerch