Re: Workstation branding on login screen (GDM)

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 8:03 PM, Ryan Lerch <rlerch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> With my design team hat on, I have been working on finalizing the branding
> and logos for each of the products, and thought that because we are the only
> product that is using the login screen, that to reinforce that to the user
> that
> it is fedora workstation that is being used, the plain "Fedora" logo on the
> GDM
> screen should be replaced with the Fedora Workstation branding.
>
> here is a mockup of how this possibly would look with the greyscale version
> of the
> fedora workstation logo:
>
> https://ryanlerch.fedorapeople.org/workstation-gdm-mockup.jpg
>
> thoughts? ideas?

Well showing the workstation logo here can cause some confusion if we don't

1) fix the upgrade story (productized vs. not)

and/or

2) Make sure it only gets shown when you are actually running workstation.

Otherwise it will look like you do but you aren't actually running it.