Re: Workstation branding on login screen (GDM)

>> Vertical bar in the user menu, overlay in the overview,  small logo in
>> the
>> hot corner ... there are lot of possibilities to consider
>>
>> Rahul
>
> Sticking logos where they don't belong is not a good idea.
>
> --
> -Elad Alfassa.

On general principle I accept the contention of not wanting to
indiscriminately paste things willy-nilly, but at the risk of being
pedandic, may I propose the attached cropped screenshots, three from gnome
2.x series, and one from kde 3.5?

I'd say that the branding on the desktop is fairly unobtrusive, yet each
forms a distinctive impression of who the author is (ok, one would have to
know that one is not the debian logo ...)