Re: Workstation branding on login screen (GDM)

On 10/01/2014 02:08 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 2:03 PM, Ryan Lerch <rlerch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

With my design team hat on, I have been working on finalizing the branding
and logos for each of the products, and thought that because we are the only
product that is using the login screen, that to reinforce that to the user
that
it is fedora workstation that is being used, the plain "Fedora" logo on the
GDM
screen should be replaced with the Fedora Workstation branding.

here is a mockup of how this possibly would look with the greyscale version
of the
fedora workstation logo:

https://ryanlerch.fedorapeople.org/workstation-gdm-mockup.jpg

thoughts? ideas?
I like it.  Do you have similar plans for the plymouth animation?
Maybe fill in the standard Fedora logo, but the final "flash"
animation shows the workstation logo (or vice versa)?

I'll work on some ideas for plymouth. However i'd be a little worried about using just the workstation "icon" without the text -- at the moment no one really knows what it is
and without the text is just a simplistic computer icon.

Perhaps having the logo at the bottom of the plymouth screen (in the same location as in
GDM) might work.

--ryanlerch