Re: Do we really need LibreOffice installed by default?

On 09/18/2014 03:35 AM, Jens Petersen wrote:
> Anyway I went ahead and moved libreoffice to be an default optional group for Workstation:
>
> https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/comps.git/commit/?id=a34183c0c20696d4c0d6b5f466fb7bd523df0ded

I am not sure bringing back package selection [1] in Anaconda is a step
in the right direction. I'd rather have all customization done
post-install through GNOME Software and keep the first installation
experience as straightforward as possible.

In fact, I would like Anaconda to completely hide the software selection
spoke when there is nothing optional to choose, as is (was?) the case
with Workstation.

--
Kalev

[1] It's actually group selection, not individual package selection, but
the same idea applies.