Re: Do we really need LibreOffice installed by default?

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 8:26 PM, Máirín Duffy <duffy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [..]
>> I assume this would vary from person to person. Not all developers are
>> the same person.
>> People testing their apps on VMs will have it easier if our default
>> install would be smaller, for example, because they'll need to allocate
>> less disk space for the VM.
>

> Oh geez thats a really good point. But are the devs going to use the
> workstation in a vm? Or are they going to use server or cloud in a vm?

Neither ... most would just use light weight alternatives like docker
containers. VMs are only useful if you are developing for a different
platform (like Windows) or you are developing the OS itself (and OS
developers are not the type of developers we target).