Re: New look for Anaconda?

Hi Jiri!

On 09/17/2014 10:24 AM, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
I wonder if there are any plans to improve the look of Anaconda for F21
Workstation. In the state it is now it doesn't look very professional
and I would even say that the Fedora "logo" in the left blue pane
violates the Fedora logo usage guidelines.

Yep, definitely. We've kind of been leaving it a bit messy as a clear reminder it needs to be done.

Anaconda in RHEL 7 looks much better, like something that is finished.
It'd be great if we could achieve something similar in Fedora
Workstation, just aligned with the design and colors of the workstation
product.

Glad you like it :) The RHEL 7 artwork is based on release-specific branding. I think we want something that doesn't have to be updated every release... for some reason subconsciously I was waiting (maybe out of habit) on the alpha wallpaper feedback to move on this, but we're probably better off that they aren't matchy-matchy. We've already had a tiny bit of discussion about it on the design-team list but I will make sure this happens in time for beta.

~m