Re: F21 Workstation System Requirements - Storage

On Thu, 2014-09-04 at 18:16 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 4 September 2014 18:04, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > And when it's not, it's unreliable at best. I hibernated last week and
> > then resumed into a kernel panic....
>
> Given that my laptop lasts many days when suspended on battery power,
> I don't lament the missing hibernate. I think it might make things a
> lot simpler to just say "not supported". Then the swap size doesn't
> have to match the RAM size, which makes things a lot simpler.

I agree: hibernate isn't working reliably enough on the kernel side, and
the implementation has ugly side-effects (constraining swap size). The
entire concept of hibernation is on the way out anyway, if I'm reading
the power management tea leaves right...