Re: F21 Workstation Hardware Requirements

On Tue, 2014-09-02 at 13:34 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> The main extra requirement that you need to use Fedora Workstation in
> VM is memory - trying to run Fedora Workstation in a VM with less than
> 4GB on the host is futile; I've never seen that work.

I can run Fedora in Boxes with a 3 GB host. I think it performs best
with a 1.5 GB guest. It's a bit sluggish, but totally usable as long as
the host isn't doing anything else. (Trying to run Boxes and a web
browser in the host at the same time is a recipe for disaster.)

I've noticed that Boxes recommends 1 GB as the right amount of memory
for a Fedora guest. This seems too low.